Join us for BCNC first hikes in 2023
Lafayette Reservoir Rim Trail Hike
- GROUP A: The Lafayette Rim Trail is 4.7 miles and will take about 2.5 hours to complete for active hikers. Some areas are pretty steep and it might be muddy if a rain shows up in days leading to the hike. It is best to be in moderate health to be able to complete this Rim Trail. Leader: Saskia Rock.
- GROUP B: The Lafayette Loop Nature Trail is 2.7 miles and will take about 1 hour. This is a lighter walk...slightly undulating with only a few steep inclines. Leader: to be announced.
- Walking shoes/boots (it will be muddy so have backup shoes in your car/plastic bag for the dirty shoes)
- Comfortable clothes in layers
- Water bottle (we'll fill up at the start, and you can fill up once on the trail)
Nice to have:
- Walking sticks (pretty steep trail in places)
- Bring your own picnic!
- Pedal boats are available for rental.
Saturday, March 18th, 10:00 a.m.
Location: Lafayette Reservoir Parking Lot
The entire Lafayette Park is big and scenic enough to make you feel like you're getting out to nature, but small enough that it still feels friendly and approachable. It helps that there aren't any cows, horses, or bicyclists and that the trails are usually in great condition. There's a nice mixture of wooded and open areas; the Rim Trail is mostly exposed. The roller coaster hills on the Rim Trail offers spectacular panoramic views of Mt Diablo, Las Trampas, Briones, the East Bay Hills and the surround valleys and ridges!
The location can be seen on Google Maps and for more info on the hike, click HERE.
Parking: Ample free street parking on Village Center or Mt Diablo Blvd in Lafayette; $7 parking fee at the reservoir lot.
Facilities: Restrooms & drinking fountains available around the Nature Trail. Dogs are welcome but must be on leash at all times.
Meeting: We'll meet up at the eastern side of the parking lot, at the water tap, and will start walking at 10 a.m.
In case of bad weather, the hike may be cancelled or postponed. Please ask for our organizer: Saskia Rock.
To Register: email Pierre@bcnc.com and specify GROUP A or GROUP B. Include how many people will be coming and a phone number.
This is a BCNC Member event. See membership info HERE.
Registrations need to be received by March 2.
For questions about this event, please contact the organizer, Saskia Rock at email@example.com.
Joining this activity is at your own risk, and you will be asked to sign a waiver.