Visit of Saint Nicholas in the Bay Area
On Saturday, December 2nd
in Palo Alto at 10 a.m.
in Berkeley at 5 p.m.
This year, we are happy to announce that the visit of Saint Nicholas is organized thanks to the collaboration with the Dutch School of Silicon Valley at their locations in Palo Alto and Berkeley.
- In Palo Alto from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Cubberley Community Center, 4000 Middlefield Rd, Palo Alto, CA 94303
- In Berkeley from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at St John's, 2727 College Ave, Berkeley, CA 94705
Here is the plan:
Sign up online (click HERE). Cost per child for the event is $20. Online payment can be made by Paypal or Zelle. If you rather pay by check, make it made payable to BCNC, and mail to: Philippe Jansen - 647 Torrington Drive - Sunnyvale, CA 94087 before Tuesday, November 20th.
After handling the payment and before Nov. 20th:
- Complete the registration form found at https://forms.gle/qSTVh8iYpjfJjRRe6 (in Dutch) before November 20th. Use Google Translate if needed.
- Email the following information to Philippe@bcnc.com by November 20th: Name, age and a brief text (max. 10 lines) for each child that you would like Saint Nicholas to read (what he/she did well, things that need to be improved, etc). The text can be in Dutch or English. French is not available this year.
- When payment, registration and email have been received, expect a confirmation email.
- At the venue, you will bring a small gift (less than $20) for each child. The gift/s should be wrapped and labeled with first & last name of each child. Upon arrival at the classroom, you'll hand off your gift(s) to one of the organizers who will place it in one of the bags.
Please note that Saint Nicholas can only meet a maximum number of children at each location. Our organizer suggests that you register soonest as it might be possible that we cannot accept your child/ren at your preferred location in case of late registration.
This is a members-only event. If you are not a member, you can handle your Family Membership at the same time. Your membership will be active for the entire year 2024. For more information on how to become a member, please visit www.bcnc.com/about.
Parents – Teenager Volunteers are needed to assist us with the organization:
- Teenagers who want to be Saint Nicholas helpers
- Parents to prepare gifts during the prior week
- Parents to help with decorating the classroom
- Parents to help with accepting and sorting the small gifts
- Parents to help children with coloring, reading…
- Parents to help with clean-up
To volunteer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, November 20th.
Registrations need to be received by November 20th.
For questions about this event, please contact email@example.com.
- Parents are responsible for their child(ren) at all times during this event.
- BCNC does adhere to the "Pieten Pact", agreed to by a number of Flemish organizations and toy/food companies with respect for the diversity in our society so everyone can enjoy a nice event.